Click to Home

Go To Search

Water Well Permit
How to Apply
  • Obtain and complete the water well application.
  • Applications must be complete.
  • "Self-well" permit applications must be signed by the owner.
  • All other well permit applications must be signed by a licensed water well contractor. 
  • You may need a Water Use Permit if you intend to use the water for anything other than residential/domestic uses.
  • Mail or deliver your application and copies to:

        Suwannee River Water Management District 
        Attn:  Resource Management
        9225 CR 49 
        Live Oak, FL 32060

Fax Number: 386.362.1781 - this is specifically dedicated to Water Well applications.

  • Submit a completion report to the address above within 30 days of well completion.

Licensed Contractors

To apply for a State Water Well Contractor License, download and complete the application:

We do not accept applications electronically because they must be signed. However, you can save a copy of the Word document to your desktop, fill it in, print it, sign it, and mail it to us.

Water Well Permit Folder
Visit our document center to view and download or print Water Well forms such as the Water Well Permit Application, Well Completion Report, and others.

List of Licensed Water Well Contractors